WIN Britain’s Brand New 12-Sided £1 coin in Silver – #foundapound
1.4 billion brand new £1 coins will be released into circulation around the UK tomorrow in what is the single biggest change to the UK’s coinage since decimalisation.
To celebrate the release, we’re giving away FIVE ‘Nations of the Crown’ Silver Proof 12-Sided £1 Coins!
For your chance to WIN a Silver Proof £1, all you need to do is find one of the new 12-sided £1 coins in your change…
Post a photo via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #foundapound and the location you found your first £1 coin.
We’ll then choose 5 winners at random on the 10th April.
It’s really that easy – so good luck and get posting! #foundapound
To help you out, a few guaranteed locations have already been announced:
Click here to see the full list.
WIN a Silver Proof £1 – the Collector’s Favourite
We have 5 special Silver Proof £1 coins to give away…
- Precious metal content – struck from 925/1000 Sterling Silver with 24 Carat Gold-plate to create the outer ring.
- Strict Limited Edition – just 25,000 individual coins. That’s HALF the number of Silver Proof £1 Coins that were issued for the original Round £1 Coin in 1983.
- Perfect Proof Finish – even better than Brilliant Uncirculated, Proof coins are struck several times using specially polished dies to create a flawless finish with a perfect mirrored background and frosted design. The ultimate in coin quality.
We will draw five lucky winners out of the hat on 10 April 2017. All you need to do is take a picture of your £1 via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #foundapound and the location you found your first £1 coin – it’s that easy! So good luck and fingers crossed!
Terms & Conditions
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- The draw will take place on 10 April and the winner will be notified on that day by a comment to the winners original social media post.
- The winner will receive the “UK 2017 New 12 Sided Silver Proof £1”. There is no cash alternative.
- Participants agree to meet reasonable requests to assist publicity if required.
- The prize draw is promoted by The Westminster Collection, trading division of 288 Group Ltd.
- Employees of 288 Group and their families are not eligible to enter.
- The hashtag #foundapound must be used to qualify for entry into the competition
I still need Ni Belfast city, Scotland Edinburgh city, England London city ,England Rose and Oak, Wales Daffodil and Leek. Can anybody help me with these please. My e-mail is [email protected]
I still require an Olympic 50p triathlon and the Edinburgh £1 coin if anyone could please help as looked everywhere and got my local shop and club looking for me
Hi I have a edinburgh coin do you still want the coin
Yes that would be great. It will complete my £1 coin collection
#foundapound. In Oban Argyllshire & Bute
I have 4 all 2016 got them from clackton-on-sea post office
Got 3 this morning at Hornsea co-op, East Yorkshire must have been bought in by a visitor yesterday,
I get one from tesco self check out machine 🙂
I carnt find one and thats reason wy i wanted to enter disapponting compatition
A. We Already have brand new 12 sided – £1 coin (x 10) from our local Bank branch dated 2016 which I have added to my change checker collection.
B. We also have collected and found 14x £1 round coins of 24 designs so far still searching to complete the rest.
I’ve found 1 with the 2016 date
I want it very much 🤗
Hi can I send you a photo by e mail as I don’t have the 3 accounts you want to send them in on
Typical, none being released around Sheffield, very disappointed. It will be a while before I get my hands on one to complete the £1 coin collection. Asked at my local Halifax branch today for a sealed bag, they looked at me gone out ! We don’t have any they said.c
When to the bank this morning and got 10
Also got some doubles of round pounds. 2008 Royal Shield London city Belfast city 2 Thistle 2014
Rose 2013 1988 Shield Anyone interested?
I have already found my new pound coin at the Royal Mint on Saturday 26th March and I struck my very own new pound coin! It’s a great day out and well worthwhile going on the Royal Mint Experience tour ad then looking around the museum.
Love this coin to add to my collection
I would love to find one of the new coins but none of the first locations are near me so it’s going to be a while before I find one. Let’s hope it’s before the competition ends.
What happens if I don’t have a facebook, instagram or twitter account? It’s a bit onesided.
Hi Peter, you’re welcome to email us at [email protected] with a photo of your coin and the hashtag #foundapound
Hopefully they will get around the country quickly as I’m nowhere near any of the initial release locations…
Re your silver 12 sided £1 coin competition not really fair for those who do not do social media (like myself) why can’t we email a pic instead
Hi Trevor, you’re welcome to email us at [email protected] with a photo of your coin and the hashtag #foundapound
I’m very much looking forward to having the new £1 coin so I can complete my album!
thanks i need one for my albun