1.4 billion brand new £1 coins will be released into circulation around the UK tomorrow in what is the single biggest change to the UK’s coinage since decimalisation.
To celebrate the release, we’re giving away FIVE ‘Nations of the Crown’ Silver Proof 12-Sided £1 Coins!
For your chance to WIN a Silver Proof £1, all you need to do is find one of the new 12-sided £1 coins in your change…
We’ll then choose 5 winners at random on the 10th April.
It’s really that easy – so good luck and get posting! #foundapound
To help you out, a few guaranteed locations have already been announced:
Click here to see the full list.
WIN a Silver Proof £1 – the Collector’s Favourite
We have 5 special Silver Proof £1 coins to give away…
- Precious metal content – struck from 925/1000 Sterling Silver with 24 Carat Gold-plate to create the outer ring.
- Strict Limited Edition – just 25,000 individual coins. That’s HALF the number of Silver Proof £1 Coins that were issued for the original Round £1 Coin in 1983.
- Perfect Proof Finish – even better than Brilliant Uncirculated, Proof coins are struck several times using specially polished dies to create a flawless finish with a perfect mirrored background and frosted design. The ultimate in coin quality.
We will draw five lucky winners out of the hat on 10 April 2017. All you need to do is take a picture of your £1 via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #foundapound and the location you found your first £1 coin – it’s that easy! So good luck and fingers crossed!
Terms & Conditions
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- The draw will take place on 10 April and the winner will be notified on that day by a comment to the winners original social media post.
- The winner will receive the “UK 2017 New 12 Sided Silver Proof £1”. There is no cash alternative.
- Participants agree to meet reasonable requests to assist publicity if required.
- The prize draw is promoted by The Westminster Collection, trading division of 288 Group Ltd.
- Employees of 288 Group and their families are not eligible to enter.
- The hashtag #foundapound must be used to qualify for entry into the competition