Skip to content

How much is an A-Z of Great Britain 10p worth now?

The A-Z of Great Britain 10p coins have been a firm favourite with collectors since they were first released last year, with 26 Quintessentially British designs capturing the public’s imagination.

Unsurprisingly, some designs are proving more popular than others, but which ones are likely to fetch the most on the secondary market?

We’ve done the hard work for you by taking a look at which A-Z 10p coins are selling for the most on eBay and which ones you should be looking out for.

How much is an A-Z of Great Britain 10p worth now?

The Ones to Watch…

If you’ve been lucky enough to find the ‘B’ for Bond 10p in your change, you may want to keep hold of it as it currently sells on eBay for around £3.05 – over 30 times its face value!

This coin also currently holds the top spot on our Scarcity Index, so it seems collectors everywhere are desperate to add this 10p to their collection!

In very close second, the ‘C’ for Cricket 10p sells for an average of £2.98, followed by ‘J’ for Jubilee in third, which has been selling for around £2.69.

How Many A-Z 10ps Are Out There?

Earlier this year it was confirmed that there were only 220,000 of each individual design released into circulation in 2018. We know that there were 2.1 million coins issued for 2019 but we’re yet to find out the individual mintage figures for each design.

When the official figures are released we could well see some of these coins increasing in value on the secondary market due to their low mintage!

These coins are notoriously tricky to find, but have you been lucky enough to come across any in your change? Let us know in the comments below.

Own the 2019 Complete Certified Uncirculated A-Z 10p Set

How much is an A-Z of Great Britain 10p worth now?

To secure the 2019 Complete Certified Uncirculated A-Z 10p Set, click here

31 Comments

1. John Nash on December 5, 2019 at 2:36 pm

I have not had ANY A -Z coins turn up in my change. Luckily, my wife felt sorry for me and presented me with a full 2019 set from yourselves on my birthday. If I haven’t seen one in my change in 2 years, what chance completing the full set from those found in my change.

• Rachel Hooper on December 6, 2019 at 8:45 am

Hi John, your wife is very kind, I bet you were chuffed to receive that birthday present! They really are so hard to find and I haven’t been able to find one in my change yet either. When you consider just 220,000 of each 2018 design was issued for circulation and the UK’s rarest coin has a mintage of 210,000 you can see why they are so hard to come by. Fingers crossed you find one soon!

2. Steven on December 4, 2019 at 10:46 pm

I am sure the bank staff are making a fortune sifting out all of these special coins and selling them on ebay.

3. Vicky on December 4, 2019 at 6:14 pm

Thought I was doing well I have 15 but for the past 3 months nothing Where have they gone?

• Rachel Hooper on December 6, 2019 at 8:47 am

15 is really good going! I suppose as more collectors find and hold onto these coins it will be harder for others to come by them. If you’re lucky enough to find any duplicates you can swap them on the Change Checker web app or Community Facebook group.

4. Dylan on December 4, 2019 at 5:01 pm

When they first released I got the set BU quality with the set medal, what would the resale value be now

• Rachel Hooper on December 6, 2019 at 8:53 am

That’s a really lovely set Dylan – I think the completer medal is great! The value would be very much dependant on how much an individual collector would be willing to pay to get their hands on this set. They are no longer on sale at The Royal Mint which can increase their collectibility. You can check sold listings on eBay to get an idea of how much they are currently selling for on the secondary market.

5. Julie webb on December 4, 2019 at 1:29 pm

I have the complete 10p sets of both 2018 2019 sets thinking of selling them both they have the seal never been in circulation unique both sets but things are tight how much would both sets be worth can you help cheers !

• Rachel Hooper on December 6, 2019 at 9:08 am

Hi Julie, congrats on having both sets in your collection. They are very sought-after coins and a collector wanting to complete both sets without waiting to find them in their change might be willing to pay a little more to get hold of them, but their value will be dependant on how much an individual collector would be willing to pay. You can check ‘sold listings’ on ebay to see how much they are currently selling for on the secondary market.

6. Jason on December 4, 2019 at 1:13 pm

I’ve never seen any alphabet coins in circulation so I brought a full set on eBay. How much is a full set worth now ? 😊

• Rachel Hooper on December 6, 2019 at 9:11 am

They are so hard to find in circulation aren’t they?! The value of a full set would vary depending on how much an individual collector would be willing to pay to complete their collection. However it’s worth noting that the coins are still available to purchase from official distributors, so collectors would most likely be unwilling to pay more than their retail value whilst they can still get hold of them online.

7. Peter on December 4, 2019 at 12:37 pm

I just need a B and N to complete my 4th set of 2018 10ps.
    Slowly building up my first 2019 set.
    You’ll never find enough in change you have to get friendly with your local bank/post office!
    The problem is quite a few bank/post office staff are looking as well!

8. Wendy Wade on December 4, 2019 at 11:56 am

I live in Harrow, Middlesex and we don’t seem to have received any of these special 10p coins in our area! I keep asking the Post Office staff but they haven’t seen any of these 10p coins either. Has our area been missed out, I wonder?

• Rachel Hooper on December 6, 2019 at 9:18 am

Hi Wendy, the coins are distributed based on demand, so when your local Post Office runs low of 10ps they will call off stocks to receive the new coins. Potentially the demand for 10ps is low in your area, but these coins are so sought-after that many people are yet to see them in their area as they are so quickly snapped up. I still haven’t found one myself either.

9. Coin_buff on December 4, 2019 at 10:03 am

Recently found “c” & “x”

• Alexandra Siddons on December 4, 2019 at 11:07 am

Wow! That’s great!

• Michael miles on December 5, 2019 at 6:01 pm

I have a complete set of a to Z coins the original first issue

10. Barry Wilshaw on December 4, 2019 at 9:47 am

I have all of the 10p coins I went to a restaurant and when I paid I asked if they had any in the till and was surprised to get 9 of them 7 I did not have so it completed my collection

• Alexandra Siddons on December 4, 2019 at 11:07 am

Wow! A full collection! Congratulations Barry.

• Barry on December 4, 2019 at 4:41 pm

11. Stewart Gordon on December 4, 2019 at 9:33 am

Sorry all , I have big fingers it appears and a few typos on the last message 😂

12. Stewart Gordon. on December 4, 2019 at 9:32 am

Hi , Stewart here , so would it be fair to say that it’s worth holding onto the 2019 alphabets , with a montage of £2.1m across 26 designs , that’s 80.7k on average per muted coin , down from the 2018 montage of 220k per 2018 alphabet ( not adjusted by the royal mint as yet but I would be surprised to know if they were all minted at 220k which comes out as 5.7million 2018 alphabets being struck

What’s everyone else’s thoughts on this ?

Thanks

Stewart

13. Robert on December 4, 2019 at 9:24 am

Do these prices relate to the 2018 series or the 2019 series, or both combined?

• Alexandra Siddons on December 4, 2019 at 11:09 am

Hi Robert, it’s both combined. Thanks.

14. Anita Purslove on December 4, 2019 at 9:17 am

The A-Z coins have been in circulation for nearly 2 years now and I still yet to see one!!!
    Do they really exist? And if they do where are they all? Nobody I know has seen one either and look at me like I’m an alien if I ask about them.

• Alexandra Siddons on December 4, 2019 at 11:11 am

Hi Anita,
      These coins do have a low mintage and are very popular amongst collectors. It seems everyone is on the hunt for them! Keep looking, you never know what you’ll come across in your change!

15. George Davies on December 4, 2019 at 9:11 am

JUST THE ONE THE LETTER F I NOW HAVE Four Fs. THE OTHER THREE AQUIRED IN OTHER WAYS.I have to swop 2 J,2 V,1 D,1 H,1 O,1 M,1 P,1 N. 1 E I’m looking for A,I,K,L,R,T.W,Y..

16. L frost on December 4, 2019 at 8:54 am

Hi,how much are the AA01 five pound notes worth please

17. Christine Yates on December 4, 2019 at 8:41 am

Up to this date, I have never found any A – Z coin’s in my change !

• Alexandra Siddons on December 4, 2019 at 11:16 am

Keep searching, Christine! You never know what you’ll come across in your change!