We’re delighted to announce the 2020 Change Checker Awards in association with All About Coins, where we’ll be celebrating the very best of the change collecting world from 2020!
We’re looking for the 2020 Change Checker of the Year and the 2020 Junior Change Checker of the year and we need your help!
Do you know somebody who deserves to be crowned ‘Change Checker of the year’? If so, we’d love to hear why.
Has someone you know completed an epic collection? Do you know somebody who’s gone above and beyond to help other Change Checkers complete their collections? Or have you been introduced to the world of change collecting by another Change Checker?
If you know someone who has been the perfect Change Checker, we want to hear from you.
Send an email outlining why your family or friend[s] deserve to win this coveted award to Awards@changechecker.org.
Alternatively, you can submit your entry using the sign-up form at the bottom of this blog.
Finally, you can leave a comment on any of our social media pages but be sure to use the hashtag #CCAwards2020.
To qualify for Junior Change Checker of the year the application must be aged 16 or younger. The closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday 4th December.
All entries will be judged by our panel and the results announced on Wednesday 9th December. Please see terms and conditions.
The victorious Change Checker and Junior Change Checker of the year will each win an exclusive Change Checker trophy and a bundle of goodies worth more than £50, including a year’s subscription to Coin Collector magazine!
The other categories that make up the Change Checker Awards are:
- Coin Story of the Year 2020 – chosen by our panel.
- Top 3 Pieces of 2020 Coin Art – judged by our panel and chosen from your email submissions and social media posts. To submit your coin art, please email email@example.com
- UK Coin Design of the Year 2020 – judged by you!
UK Coin Design of the Year 2020
Votes for the Top UK Coin Design of the Year has now closed.
The winners for all Change Checker Award categories will be announced on the 9th December.
Submissions for the 2020 Change Checker of the Year nomination have now closed. Tune in on the 9th December to find out the winners.
Terms and Conditions
- The winners will receive an exclusive Change Checker trophy and a bundle of goodies, as well as a year’s subscription to Coin Collector magazine. There is no cash alternative.
- Participants agree to meet reasonable requests to assist publicity.
- The Change Checker Awards 2020 are promoted by The Westminster Collection / Change Checker, trading divisions of 288 Group Ltd.
- Employees of 288 Group and their families are not eligible to enter.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no explanation, correspondence or discussion will be offered or entered into before or following the judges’ decision.
If you’re interested in coin collecting, our Change Checker web app is completely free to use and allows users to:
– Find and identify the coins in their pocket
– Collect and track the coins they have
– Swap their spare coins with other Change Checkers
Sign up today at: www.changechecker.org/app
Winnie the Pooh has been on a very big adventure this week, as he appeared on the UK’s 50p for the very first time, and has even made the headlines!
Coin collectors and Winnie the Pooh fans alike have been eager to get their hands on the first coin in the series of nine. Whilst we only have the designs for the first three, which will all be released individually this year, Change Checkers have already fallen in love with the series.
The coins have been designed by The Walt Disney Company, having taken inspiration by the original illustrations by E.H Shepard in A. A. Milne’s classic story.
*** UPDATE ***
Change Checkers have been voting and the winning Winnie the Pooh 50p design has now been decided!
And the Winnie the Pooh coin which comes out on top is actually the Christopher Robin 50p, taking a huge 46% of the votes! This is a sure indication for how popular this coin is going to be with collectors when it’s released later this year…
In second at 29% is the main man himself, Winnie the Pooh, closely followed by Piglet at 24%.
More details of the Christopher Robin and Piglet 50p coins will follow when they are individually released, but let us know which one is your favourite in the comments.
Secure the 2020 UK Winnie the Pooh 50p for JUST £4.50 (+p&p)
The 2020 Annual Coin Set was officially released yesterday and we can’t wait to hear which coin Change Checkers will vote as their favourite!
Have your say by voting in the poll below:
Keep your eyes peeled as we’ll be revealing the winning coin soon!
*** UPDATE ***
The results are now in, and I’m pleased to announce that the Team GB 50p has been voted by Change Checkers are their favourite 2020 Annual Coin!
Did you vote for this coin? Let us know in the comments below!
Own the 2020 Commemorative Coin Set
If you can’t wait to get hold of these coins, be one of the first to own the complete set!