We’re delighted to announce the 2018 Change Checker Awards in association with Coin Collector, where we’ll be celebrating the very best of the change collecting world from 2018!
We’re looking for the 2018 Change Checker of the Year and the 2018 Junior Change Checker of the year and we need your help!
Are you or do you know somebody that deserves to be crowned Change Checker of the year? If so, we’d love to hear why.
Have you completed an epic collection? Do you know somebody who’s gone above and beyond to help other Change Checkers complete their collections? Or have you introduced all your friends to the world of change collecting?
If you or a friend has been the perfect Change Checker, we want to hear from you.
Send an email outlining why you, your family or friends deserve to win this coveted award to Awards@changechecker.org. Alternatively, you can submit your entry using the sign-up form at the bottom of this blog. Finally, you can leave a comment on any of our social media pages but be sure to use the hashtag #CCAwards2018.
To qualify for Junior Change Checker of the year the application must be aged 16 or younger. The closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday 30th November.
All entries will be judged by our panel and the results announced on Friday 7th December.
The victorious Change Checker and Junior Change Checker of the year will each win an exclusive Change Checker trophy and a bundle of goodies worth more than £50, including a year’s subscription to Coin Collector magazine!
The other categories that make up the Change Checker Awards are:
Coin Story of the Year 2018 – judged by our panel
UK Coin Design of the Year 2018 – we held a public vote to shortlist the top coin of each denomination and have now opened the vote from the top 4 coins to find our overall winner!
The winners for all Change Checker Award categories will be announced on the 7th December.
[contact-form to=”Awards@changechecker.org” subject=”2018 Change Checker of the Year”][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Tell us about your nominee…” type=”textarea” required=”1″][/contact-form]
Terms and Conditions
- The winners will receive an exclusive Change Checker trophy and a bundle of goodies to include a year’s subscription to Coin Collector magazine, a personalised medal, Change Checker T-Shirt and pen. There is no cash alternative.
- Participants agree to meet reasonable requests to assist publicity.
- The Change Checker Awards 2018 are promoted by The Westminster Collection / Change Checker, trading divisions of 288 Group Ltd.
- Employees of 288 Group and their families are not eligible to enter.
If you’re interested in coin collecting, our Change Checker web app is completely free to use and allows users to:
– Find and identify the coins in their pocket
– Collect and track the coins they have
– Swap their spare coins with other Change Checkers
Sign up today at: www.changechecker.org/app
Have you joined the hunt for the A-Z of Great Britain 10p coins?
Fantastic news! We’re helping Change Checkers to get their hands on these highly collectable coins by running an incredible prize give away!
We’re giving away 500 Early Strike A-z of Great Britain 10p coins.
10 lucky Change Checkers will receive the complete set of 26 ‘Early Strike’ A-Z of Great Britain 10p coins, as well as the official collector’s pack, including Change Checker Presentation Album and pages and an additional exclusive Collector’s Medal to complete your collection.
But we haven’t stopped there! There are also 240 individual coins in a selection of A-Z designs, ready to give away to runners up – the perfect way to kick start your collection!
Since their release in March, the 26 coins designed to represent famous British icons have had people up and down the country checking their change to find every design from A-Z.
However, due to their popularity, many Change Checkers have claimed to be struggling to come across them. If you think back to the popularity of the Olympic 50ps in 2012, you’ll understand how collectable these coins can be and why they are so highly sought after.
This is your chance to get ahead of the crowd and secure your complete set in ‘Early Strike’ Brilliant Uncirculated condition, taken from the first production coins struck by the Mint whilst the dies are in their very best condition.
To be entered into the Change Checker A-Z 10p give away, simply register for a FREE account with us.
If you’re already a registered Change Checker, then we’ll automatically include you in the draw for the chance to win the highly sought after complete set of 26 ‘Early Strike’ A-Z of Great Britain 10p coins or one of 240 individual A-Z 10p coins.
Full Terms and Conditions can be found below.
We’ll be selecting the lucky winners on Friday 27th April. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions
1. All registered members of changechecker.org at midnight on 26th April 2018 will be automatically entered into the prize draw. No purchase is necessary to register.
2. The draw will take place on 27th April 2018 and the winner will be notified on that day by email to their registered changechecker.org email address.
3. 10 winners will receive the complete set of 26 ‘Early Strike’ A-Z of Great Britain 10p coins, as well as the official collector pack. 240 runners up will receive one A-Z 10p coin. There is no cash alternative.
4. Participants agree to meet reasonable requests to assist publicity.
5. The prize draw is promoted by The Westminster Collection / Change Checker, trading divisions of 288 Group Ltd.
6. Employees of 288 Group and their families are not eligible to enter.