Your chance to own future UK 50p and £2 coins for FACE VALUE!
*** UPDATE ***
The Change Checker Face Value Coin Ballot will be continuing for 2023!
With fewer coins going into circulation these days, we want to give collectors the chance to own future UK coins for face value.
So, we launched the Face Value Coin Ballot to to do just that!
Simply sign up to the Face Value Ballot and each time there’s a new 50p released in 2023. we’ll select 1,000 people to add the latest coin to their collection for face value, in superior brilliant uncirculated quality! 500 people will be selected for every 2023 £2 release.
If you’re lucky enough to be chosen, we’ll still keep your name in the pot for all future 2023 releases – so if you’re really lucky you might get picked more than once!
And don’t worry, if you’re chosen but decide you no longer want to purchase the coin at face value, you’re under no obligation to place your order.
Whilst fantastic new coins continue to be issued, the demand for cash is just so low and we don’t know which coins will be entering circulation, so the ballot gives collectors a fair chance to secure the latest coins at face value.
For all the information you need to know about the 2022 Face Value Coin Ballot, take a look at the FAQ’s below.
Click here to sign up to the Face Value Coin Ballot
1. How do I enter the Face Value Coin Ballot?
Please click here and follow the step by step instructions.
2. Does it cost anything to enter the ballot?
It’s FREE to enter the Face Value Coin Ballot. If you are successful we will email you a link to pay for your coin at face value.
3. Who can enter the Face Value Coin Ballot?
The ballot is open to all UK residents. Employees of 288 Group and their families are not eligible to enter.
4. If i entered the Ballot previously do I need to sign up again this year?
No, if you are already entered into the Ballot, you will be automatically entered for this year – so you don’t have to do anything!
5. How many times can I enter the ballot?
Ballot entry is limited to one per household. Additional applications will not be entered into the ballot.
6. Will I need to enter the ballot each time a new coin is released?
No. You only need to enter once to then be included in the ballot for all upcoming UK new issue 50p and £2 coins.
7. Will I need to enter again if I win a ballot?
No. Even if you win, we will still automatically include you in the next ballot.
8. How will I know if my ballot entry has been successful?
The successful ballot entrants will be notified via email on launch day. You will have 7 days to confirm your reservation.
9. If I am successful, what do I need to do?
We will email you. You will need a credit/debit card to confirm your payment. Payment will not be taken until after the coin has been despatched.
10. If I am successful, when will I receive my coin?
You should receive your coin 3-5 working days after despatch.
11. If I am successful, do I have to complete my order?
If you are successful in the ballot, you have the choice of whether you wish to complete your application by making your payment. If you choose not to, your allocation will automatically be forfeited after 7 days.
How to contact us:
If you have further questions please click here to contact our Customer Service Team
Please do NOT add [email protected] to your spam list as it may affect you receiving your successful ballot allocation. We recommend you add [email protected] to your safe senders list.
Terms & Conditions
- Ballot entry is limited to one per household. Additional applications will not be entered in to the ballot.
- The ballot will be drawn up to three days before each launch.
- The successful ballot entrants will be notified by email on the day of release for the new coin.
- Successful entrants will be provided with an exclusive link to confirm their purchase of the newly released coin at face value. Please note that entrants must use the link from the email to secure the coin. We will not be able to place the order over the phone. Successful entrants will have 7 days in which to confirm their purchase. After that time their allocation will be forfeited.
- We reserve the right to vary the terms and conditions at any time, including, but not limited to, stopping the Face Value Ballot completely, closing the ballot early or extending the closing date and varying the number of coins available.
- The ballot is not open to employees of 288 Group or their families.
Great idea. Now if only the Wentminster Collection didn’t impossible to reset your password, I might be able to take part!
HI Jos, is it your Westminster or Change Checker account password that you’re struggling to reset? You can email [email protected] or [email protected] for help with this.
Believe me, I’ve tried emailing them. I get a reply, typed up and signed then attached to an email saying I’ll recieve another email that will let me reset my password (which never arrives). This has gone on for ages.
I really don’t know why they make it so difficult. All I can do is wait for them to drag their customer service practice into 2019. All it is, is resetting a password!!!
Have you checked your spam/junk email?
Westminster Collection, and yes I’ve checked the spam folder – every time.
Sorry to hear you’re not receiving the rest email Jos. If you get back in contact with the team they will be able to get someone from IT to reset your password manually. Thanks, Rachel
Just been collecting 2yrs, had some great sets and coins off you. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a coin, Thankyou
Can’t find you app?
Hi Tony, this is a web app only, which you can access here: https://www.changechecker.org/app.aspx
great idea 🙂 especially giving new collectors a chnace to get new coins without spending a fortune
great idea 🙂
I love how they are doing the face value swap it. Amazing
This sounds great, thankyou! If someone is successful, how much is delivery/P&P?
P&P is free if you’re successful. Best of luck Tony!
Wow that’s a great idea can’t wait to see the new coins what a great idea that u all ,
Guys… FANTASTIC IDEA…!!!!,@ for once a coin company “NOT” running something solely for PROFIT @ GREED @ to Syphon as much £££ from we numismatic’s as possible…DNT get me wrong I AM guilty of paying WAY over for coins etc so…Still think it’s a bloody good idea though..🤑
What a awesome idea. Now we can maybe win coin at face value instead. So can’t wait for the draw. If you don’t win this year I’m sure you’ll win one year.
great scheme ,i have bought from you loads and its nice to have the chance of a bonus coin ,thanks
This is a brilliant opportunity to own a BUNC 50p or £2 coin that some may not be able to afford to own if it is not going into circulation to find. Thank you
Thats really cool
I do love the offers you do. Thanks
Fantastic offer by you guys and gals well done
The best feeling is when you get a coin in your change that you’ve not got and add it to your collection
I have been collecting coins since I could remember
I hold all 50ps and most the £2 and the 10ps are slowly been getting collecting for the years
I can’t wait for more
Thats really cool doing a face value coin swap.
Thankyou for this wonderful oppotunity.
Love coin collecting and would love to one day have all coins ever released