*** UPDATE ***
The Change Checker Face Value Coin Ballot will be continuing for 2023!
With fewer coins going into circulation these days, we want to give collectors the chance to own future UK coins for face value.
So, we launched the Face Value Coin Ballot to to do just that!
Simply sign up to the Face Value Ballot and each time there’s a new 50p released in 2023. we’ll select 1,000 people to add the latest coin to their collection for face value, in superior brilliant uncirculated quality! 500 people will be selected for every 2023 £2 release.
If you’re lucky enough to be chosen, we’ll still keep your name in the pot for all future 2023 releases – so if you’re really lucky you might get picked more than once!
And don’t worry, if you’re chosen but decide you no longer want to purchase the coin at face value, you’re under no obligation to place your order.
Whilst fantastic new coins continue to be issued, the demand for cash is just so low and we don’t know which coins will be entering circulation, so the ballot gives collectors a fair chance to secure the latest coins at face value.
For all the information you need to know about the 2022 Face Value Coin Ballot, take a look at the FAQ’s below.
1. How do I enter the Face Value Coin Ballot?
Please click here and follow the step by step instructions.
2. Does it cost anything to enter the ballot?
It’s FREE to enter the Face Value Coin Ballot. If you are successful we will email you a link to pay for your coin at face value.
3. Who can enter the Face Value Coin Ballot?
The ballot is open to all UK residents. Employees of 288 Group and their families are not eligible to enter.
4. If i entered the Ballot previously do I need to sign up again this year?
No, if you are already entered into the Ballot, you will be automatically entered for this year – so you don’t have to do anything!
5. How many times can I enter the ballot?
Ballot entry is limited to one per household. Additional applications will not be entered into the ballot.
6. Will I need to enter the ballot each time a new coin is released?
No. You only need to enter once to then be included in the ballot for all upcoming UK new issue 50p and £2 coins.
7. Will I need to enter again if I win a ballot?
No. Even if you win, we will still automatically include you in the next ballot.
8. How will I know if my ballot entry has been successful?
The successful ballot entrants will be notified via email on launch day. You will have 7 days to confirm your reservation.
9. If I am successful, what do I need to do?
We will email you. You will need a credit/debit card to confirm your payment. Payment will not be taken until after the coin has been despatched.
10. If I am successful, when will I receive my coin?
You should receive your coin 3-5 working days after despatch.
11. If I am successful, do I have to complete my order?
If you are successful in the ballot, you have the choice of whether you wish to complete your application by making your payment. If you choose not to, your allocation will automatically be forfeited after 7 days.
How to contact us:
If you have further questions please click here to contact our Customer Service Team
Terms & Conditions
- Ballot entry is limited to one per household. Additional applications will not be entered in to the ballot.
- The ballot will be drawn up to three days before each launch.
- The successful ballot entrants will be notified by email on the day of release for the new coin.
- Successful entrants will be provided with an exclusive link to confirm their purchase of the newly released coin at face value. Please note that entrants must use the link from the email to secure the coin. We will not be able to place the order over the phone. Successful entrants will have 7 days in which to confirm their purchase. After that time their allocation will be forfeited.
- We reserve the right to vary the terms and conditions at any time, including, but not limited to, stopping the Face Value Ballot completely, closing the ballot early or extending the closing date and varying the number of coins available.
- The ballot is not open to employees of 288 Group or their families.