We’re delighted to announce the next Change Checker Live Event will be coming to Cardiff!
We’re at St David’s Shopping Centre in Cardiff from 9.30am to 8pm on Wednesday 19th February and we’re bringing the 2019 UK Wallace and Gromit 50p coin to swap with you.
Join us there and swap ANY UK 50p coin for the wonderful Wallace and Gromit 50p coin in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
These coins won’t be entering circulation, so this is your chance to get your hands on one in superior collector’s quality for just face value.
PLUS, when you attend the event you’ll receive an exclusive voucher to purchase Change Checker goodies on the day.
Please note: Swaps are limited to 1 per person, while stocks last.
St David’ Shopping Centre, Cardiff
Located in one of the UK’s fastest growing cities, St David’s in Cardiff is one of the UK’s premier retail destinations, with a choice of over 180 retailers and over 40 restaurants to enjoy during your visit.
You can find us on the lower level near Watches of Switzerland and Pravins, at the location marked by the red circle on the map below:
Sitting above St David’s is a 2,000 space contemporary 24-hour car parking facility. Disabled parking is located on Level P3 and a second car park of 550 spaces can be found underneath John Lewis.
Situated right in the heart of Cardiff city centre, St David’s is a short walk from Cardiff Central and Queen Street Rail Stations.
It’s easy to get there by car too with excellent links from the A470 and the M4.
If you’re using a sat nav to get there, the postcode you’ll need is CF10 2EN. This will take you to the entrance of the multi storey car park on Mary Ann Street.
Can I swap more than one coin?
Such is the popularity of our Live Coin Swaps and to ensure that it is fair for everybody, we’ll be limiting the number of swaps to strictly 1 swap per person.
Will you be doing any more Live Coin Swaps?
That’s the plan!
We will be holding more Live Coin Swaps in the future and the plan is to visit a different area of the country each time, giving as many people as possible the opportunity to attend.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Secure your Wallace and Gromit 50p!
Can’t wait to get your hands on the Wallace and Gromit 50p coin?
*** UPDATE ***
The Change Checker Face Value Coin Ballot will be continuing for 2020!
With fewer coins going into circulation these days, we want to give collectors the chance to own future UK coins for face value.
So, we launched the Face Value Coin Ballot to to do just that!
Simply sign up to the Face Value Ballot and each time there’s a new 50p released in 2020, we’ll select 1,000 people to add the latest coin to their collection for face value, in superior brilliant uncirculated quality! 500 people will be selected for every 2020 £2 release.
If you’re lucky enough to be chosen, we’ll still keep your name in the pot for all future 2020 releases – so if you’re really lucky you might get picked more than once!
And don’t worry, if you’re chosen but decide you no longer want to purchase the coin at face value, you’re under no obligation to place your order.
Whilst fantastic new coins continue to be issued, the demand for cash is just so low and we don’t know which coins will be entering circulation, so the ballot gives collectors a fair chance to secure the latest coins at face value.
For all the information you need to know about the 2020 Face Value Coin Ballot, take a look at the FAQ’s below.
1. How do I enter the 2020 Face Value Coin Ballot?
Please click here and follow the step by step instructions.
2. Does it cost anything to enter the ballot?
It’s FREE to enter the 2020 Face Value Coin Ballot. If you are successful we will email you a link to pay for your coin at face value.
3. Who can enter the 2020 Face Value Coin Ballot?
The ballot is open to all UK residents. Employees of 288 Group and their families are not eligible to enter.
4. If i entered the 2019 Ballot do I need to sign up again?
No, if you are already entered into the 2019 Ballot, you will be automatically entered for 2020 – so you don’t have to do anything!
5. How many times can I enter the ballot?
Ballot entry is limited to one per household. Additional applications will not be entered into the ballot.
6. Will I need to enter the ballot each time a new coin is released?
No. You only need to enter once to then be included in the ballot for all upcoming UK new issue 50p and £2 coins in 2020.
7. Will I need to enter again if I win a ballot?
No. Even if you win, we will still automatically include you in the next ballot.
8. How will I know if my ballot entry has been successful?
The successful ballot entrants will be notified via email on launch day. You will have 7 days to confirm your reservation.
9. If I am successful, what do I need to do?
We will email you. You will need a credit/debit card to confirm your payment. Payment will not be taken until after the coin has been despatched.
10. If I am successful, when will I receive my coin?
You should receive your coin 3-5 working days after despatch.
11. If I am successful, do I have to complete my order?
If you are successful in the ballot, you have the choice of whether you wish to complete your application by making your payment. If you choose not to, your allocation will automatically be forfeited after 7 days.
How to contact us:
If you have further questions please click here to contact our Customer Service Team
Please do NOT add email@example.com to your spam list as it may affect you receiving your successful ballot allocation. We recommend you add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list.
Terms & Conditions
- Ballot entry is limited to one per household. Additional applications will not be entered in to the ballot.
- The ballot will be drawn up to three days before each launch.
- The successful ballot entrants will be notified by email on the day of release for the new coin.
- Successful entrants will be provided with an exclusive link to confirm their purchase of the newly released coin at face value. Please note that entrants must use the link from the email to secure the coin. We will not be able to place the order over the phone. Successful entrants will have 7 days in which to confirm their purchase. After that time their allocation will be forfeited.
- We reserve the right to vary the terms and conditions at any time, including, but not limited to, stopping the 2020 Face Value Ballot completely, closing the ballot early or extending the closing date and varying the number of coins available.
- The ballot is not open to employees of 288 Group or their families.